The standard résumé of mine, outlining what I have been up to professionally over the last couple decades. Visit my skills page for information on what I can do, and my portfolio to see examples of professional and personal work. If you are interested in working together, head over to the for hire page to see if we might work together.
Freelance Software Developer, Motion and Graphic Designer
Experience with a wide variety of professional graphic design and multimedia development ranging from large scale print to low bandwidth Macromedia Flash and Director development. Clients include Universal Studios/Paramount, Procter&Gamble, Las Vegas Travel and Entertainment Bureau and Northstar Travel Media.
Interactive Director, Willow Creative Group
- Architected, designed and developed several systems for website updates, user and product management and customer relations. Worked with various legacy content management systems for updates, bug fixes and overhauls. Developed templates, themes and plug-ins for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal for various clients.
- Performed website and competition analysis for search engine optimization during content creation and updates.
- Created visual mock-ups of hand-drawn and digitally integrated techniques for various presentations.
Owner/Operator/Curator, Concept Jewel Gallery
- Owned and operated a gallery located on Main Street in downtown Cincinnati. The gallery concentrated on showing computer based and influenced imagery. The gallery showed many of my own lenticular prints, hand drawn works, and installations, and also hosted many other great artists ranging from interactive video projection to computer generated music and performance art.
- Website: http://conceptjewel.com/gallery
Interactive Media Designer/ Programmer, Metaphor Studio
- Creation of interactive media design and integration into B2C and B2B websites with Flash, streaming audio and video and other interactive media technologies.
- Development of production quality websites following web2.0 standards from client approved prototypes.
- Back-end and UX development on innovative CMS using Java(J2EE) and other web technologies.
Graphic Design Instructor, Antonelli College
- Instructor of Graphic Design foundations and advanced subjects. Teaching subjects range from basic design, typography, color theory and internet technologies such as basic web fundamentals and advanced web software.
Technical Project Manager, LAAPlatform
- Managed the Art and Technical Development of three federally funded grant-based projects with a staff of eight programmers and five artists.
- Coordinated team meetings between content authors and software coders/visual designers as well as scheduling tasks for all teams. Submitted detailed graphical and written reports on progress to grant Principal Investigators.
- Designed and managed the production of several web sites ranging from purely functional web-based tools to front-end marketing ‘web brochures’. Ensured web sites maintained accessibility standards and cross-browser compatability.
- Designed and managed development of an art pipeline for 3-D assets such as textures and polygon based models using 3DS-Max, Cinema4D, Blender, Photoshop and Bodypaint. Managed the implementation of ‘modeling’ pedagogy for physics curriculum into a 3-D virtual world using a customized 3-D game engine in both visual assets and physical dynamics engine software development.
- Designed and developed a Java, XML and SQL based back-end server to support a Macromedia Flash and Director multimedia learning environment. Created various coding and visual assets for Director, Flash and Java in both 2-D and 3-D.
- Implemented and maintained software codebase repositories along with web-based tools for maintenance, builds and reports. Designed, implemented and managed a software build cycle that included testing, fully automated builds of installers for both Mac OSX and Windows platforms along with a web interface to manage these builds.
- Implemented and managed web, email, development and production servers. Servers ranged from FreeBSD, Macintosh OS9 and OSX Server. Management included design and implementation of fail safe back-up scheme for all digital assets.
- All projects were built on and emphasized low to no cost ‘open-source’ solutions due to the limitations inherent in grant-funded projects.
- More information on this project can be found at http://www.laaplatform.org.
Manager, Digital Design Studio, UNCG
- Managed a lab of 30 Apple Macintosh machines using both OS 9 through the transition to OS X. Developed expert problem solving skills in cross-platform issues.
- Designed and implemented strategies for automatic system and software installation and user data backup. Consulted with faculty and students on design and technical issues in a wide variety of software including Final Cut Pro, Macromedia Flash, Director and Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and GoLive and many other supporting applications.
- Maintained color management and consulted with student and faculty printing issues on wide format ink-jet and laser-based printers.
Office Equipment Technician, Sinopoli Sales Company
- Troubleshot and maintained office equipment, including copiers, printers, personal computers, typewriters, calculators, and fax machines. Maintained inventory of supplies for repair. Managed repair and maintenance schedule for several technicians.
Data/Weapon Systems Technician, United States Navy
- Troubleshot issues and maintained data, communication, sonar and radar integration, and weapon systems on board several destroyer and cruiser class vessels over three Persian Gulf and Mediterranean deployments.
- Responsibilities included maintaining a multi-million dollar inventory of spare parts, scheduling and performing maintenance and managing a team of eight persons clearing electrical discrepancies throughout the ships wiring. Received several awards and two medals for accomplishments in these areas.
- Top secret clearance.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design, Computer Science minor, Cum Laude
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, NC
- One of twenty-three students out of five thousand to receive the ‘Student Excellence Award’ for achievements in undergraduate research.
- Received two highly competitive Undergraduate Assistantship grants for research in artificial intelligence and visual design.
Xerox Electronic Imaging Technician School
Virginia Beach, VA
- Trained in electronic imaging systems repair and maintenance for a wide array of commercial imaging devices. Graduated first in class.
United States Naval Data Systems Technician ‘A’ and ‘C’ School
Mare Island, CA
- Trained in weapon, communication, radar and sonar system troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
- Graduated first in class for both training schools. Received third highest graduating score given since 1978 for Data Systems Technician ‘A’ school.